Saturday, June 10, 2006

dating?

"Someone once told me, 'Dating is great preparation for marriage. By dating around, you can learn what you want in a marriage partner.' As much as I liked that statement, I soon realized that dating around wasn't preparing me very well for marriage. In fact, if I were to be honest, it was setting me up better for divorce! On a whim, I would dive headfirst into a relationship, pour on a heavy dose of gushy stuff, and then when those feelings faded, I'd go out and find someone new--a constant cycle of temporary relationships. But God didn't intend marriage to be temporary. And by living this way, I wasn't preparing to love one man for a lifetime; I was preparing to have a multitude of short-lived, emotion-based romantic flings."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home